GOTAFE Goulburn Valley League is Seeking a Netball Umpire Development Officer/Coordinator
Position Description as follows:
Reporting to GVL Board, the primary role of the GVL Umpire Development Officer/Coordinator is to ensure continuous development of the GVL’s Netball umpires.
- Minimum C Badge umpire with 5 years’ experience
- Current Theory
- Current NV registration
- Working with Children’s Check
- Interleague & Association Champs
- 1 C badge umpire that has been TID by a mentor for Zone champs.
- 2 x B badges for Association champs finals day.
- 2 X B badge umpires for Interleague depending on games.
- Timeline April & confirm umpires again two weeks prior.
Paperwork needs to be completed by NV cut-off date.
- Finals Umpires
- Identify umpires who show consistency and start booking umpires – Higher badges first.
- Book grand final umpires first then work backwards to fill in finals umpires.
- You may find that some talented local umpires are linked with clubs that are in finals so it may limit their availability.
- Confirm all umpires for finals. 1st-2nd week in August
- Send out letters for confirmation, expectations for umpires, dates books. This should include a direct debit form, hobby form and the most up to date by-laws that we have.
- End of Round 16- (confirm games from league representatives and where they are situated) Confirm umpires by Sunday night/Monday at the latest. Please note/express any concerns or conflicts that could arise from game placements.
- Umpires needed for finals are as follows:
- Week 1 Saturday: 10-12 Umpires needed
Sunday: 5-6 Umpires
- Week 2 Saturday: 5-6 Umpires
Sunday: 5-6 Umpires
- Week 3 Sunday: 6-8 umpires
- Week 4 8 Umpires needed.
Please note: Take into account travel distance and weather. If it will be a hot day,
umpires can really only do one game like the players.
Availability of umpires does become easier once the second week of finals is completed.
There is also some history of complaints between clubs and umpires that you should be made aware of before delegating a game to umpires.
- Organise towels for confirmed Umpires – to be Placed with trophy order
- Rules discussion/development sessions
- New rules introduced need a discussion session.
- Development days such as mentoring or introduction to umpiring sessions to be conducted with Umpire in field director or intro sessions can be conducted by an accredited mentor.
- Rules and Mentor sessions – every 2-4 years.
- Introductions to be organised prior to start of season with clubs that want it.
- Key Tasks cont.:
- Testing and assessing umpires
- Test and assess umpires throughout the year.
- Work with mentors throughout clubs and help advise umpires who wish to develop skill.
- Contact higher mentors for those wishing to develop onto B and A grade badges.
- No testing to be done past Round 16 to consolidate badges.
- Developing the umpires’ knowledge and skills.
- Being a resource to the umpire they are mentoring – either sharing their own knowledge or directing the umpire to other sources of information
- Provide assistance to Club Mentors.
- Communicate new policies/procedures for umpires.
- Communicate clear expectations to club regarding these procedures.
- A monthly summary report to be sent to League Operations by 10th of each month
- Communicate with umpires for assessment and accreditation dates (if needed)
- All finals
- Visit 12 clubs once in the season.
- League Pass 2022
- NV Rego reimbursement
- GVL Clothing Apparel
Written applications should be sent to email@example.com